Argent Energy is committed to driving excellence throughout the business and recognises that Health and Safety is pivotal to the growth and development of the company and its people.
Minimising risk to plant, personnel and the control of products is critical and remains a key deliverable of the overall company strategy.
Argent Energy recognises that high standards of health, safety & welfare are not only beneficial to each individual but also to the business operations, its approach to Research and Development and its relationship with partners, neighbours and third party agencies.
The Health and Safety Policy is reviewed annually and for 2016 includes:
- The development of teams to ensure a clear understanding of their Health and Safety responsibilities.
- The ongoing control of hazardous chemicals and high risk substances management.
- The development of a new robust Occupational Health Programme for all employees.
- The development and implementation of a generic Health and Safety Management System to meet the changing legislative landscape.
- The incorporation of Best Practice across all Argent Energy sites as the business grows.
Argent Energy is committed to a vigorous Health and Safety regime which will be regularly benchmarked against the highest industry standards and results and, in turn, communicated to its parent group John Swire and Sons Ltd and all employees.